Dispatch 911 Center
The Village of Lake Bluff Police Dispatch Center operates a computer aided dispatch system that enhances communications between Dispatchers and Police Officers during calls for service, as well as serves as an automated records management system. Additionally, the Dispatch Center also maintains connections to a wide variety of other systems, including: 911, mapping, field reporting, mobile data systems, time synchronization sources, records management systems, other agencies, other jurisdictions and the local, county, state and federal network of criminal justice databases.
When dialing 911 from a telephone in Lake Bluff you will be connected with a Lake Bluff Emergency Police Dispatcher. Calling 911 is very stressful and it becomes easy to feel overwhelmed. Lake Bluff Dispatchers are trained to guide callers through the experience, but knowing what to expect can help make the 911 call go smoothly and get emergency help where and when it's needed.
- Stay calm.
- Know the location of the emergency and the number from which you are calling. If, for some reason you are disconnected, emergency crews will know where to go and how to call you back.
- Wait for the Dispatcher to ask questions, then answer clearly and calmly. If you are in danger of assault, the Ddispatcher will still need you to answer quietly, mostly "yes" and "no" questions.
- If you reach a recording, listen to what it says. If the recording says your call cannot be completed, hang up and try again. If the recording says all call-takers are busy, wait! When the next Dispatcher is available to take the call, it will transfer you.
- Allow the Dispatcher to guide the conversation.
- Follow all directions received from the Dispatcher. Listen carefully, follow each step and ask for clarification if you do not understand the directions.
- Pay attention. You may be asked to describe victims, suspects, vehicles or other parts of the scene.
- Do not hang up the call until directed to do so by the Dispatcher.
In the event you mistakenly dial 911, please stay on the line; verify your name, address and phone number with the Dispatcher and advise the call was an accident. A good explanation can help avoid an emergency response to your location. Please know that Police Department will dispatch a Police Officer to all 911 calls.
Public Safety Building
45 E. Center Ave
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Emergency Contact: 911
Non-emergency Contact: 847-234-2153
Police Chief: David Belmonte
Deputy Police Chief: Michael Hosking